I never realized how much of a party animal I was until I married my husband. Premarriage, parties for David happened about 6 times a year because he comes from a small yet intimate family who keeps in light touch with relatives whereas I keep in touch with all my relatives from first cousins to distant (and almost long-lost) relatives. With my mom being the first of 8 and dad being the first of 11, weddings, funerals, and let alone birthday parties are like gala events.
Two years into our marriage we've attended about 4 parties a month, which means we'd party almost every weekend of the year, but finally David put an end to what he might call a somewhat hedonistic lifestyle and suggested that we tone down these pleasurable experiences to twice a month so that we could share these weekends to hang out with friends - and to actually have a life! So far after a 3 month trial I think I like the way things are going now. We've been getting so many responsibilities taken care of and we are able to spend much needed quality time together as a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment