May 12, 2010

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

I'm very thankful for the doctors and health specialties we have out there. I just came back from an appointment for psychiatric treatment and just found out that I am still suffering post traumatic stress disorder for a traumatic experience that has happened many years ago. I've not yet undergone the grieving processes for what I lost nor have I dealt with the trauma and drama that were tied so closely with that traumatic event. It's actually not just one traumatic event but a series of events that piggy backed each other and became such a disgusting snowball that my life seemed so unmanageable at such an early age. When I should have been living a typical childhood I instead focused on who was going to use me next for their pleasure and who was going to save me from it. Then there are the memories and lack of relationships to help me through life. It's unfortunate that I was trained to think so angrily of humanity at such an early age, but again I have to thank the people out there who really care about my well being to send me to professionals who can take care of me. Again, I'm so thankful that there is a profession for my particular disorder. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder...it's not a typical war I've suffered...but it is a war.

No comments: