May 14, 2010

Gardening

Here is my first attempt to gardening. Mom V gave me a bunch of Peter Pans and I planted them in an arch-like row in the front yard. I grew up with a green-thumbed mom but never understood the anatomy-physiology of plant life and how to help them thrive. I was always too afraid to try gardening..thought it was something for old people and that it's a trait you'd have naturally. After mama Colleen showed me how easy gardening can be while she and Bruce stayed over during Chloe's birth, I decided to try it myself and am really enjoying the process. I guess it could be coincidence that Colleen and I have the same (visual/tactile) learning style to get me going in my gardening endeavor. I'm thankful Colleen taught by showing me and working along side me..and the results are uplifting. My mom always taught by telling or talking (auditory learning) and she'd assumed I picked up on what she'd be saying.  Anyways I'm giving myself a year to experiment with gardening..and if I start hating it, I'll hire a landscaper to do the yards weekly.

No comments: