This week has been a fun adventure with little Breanna. She's been exploring different adventures to refine her gross motor development, extending her attention span on new fine motor skills, learning the complexity of social/emotional skills with her friends, and conquering the challenges of potty training and dressing up or out. But the most intriguing asset I've observed my little child acquire is stringing together several word sentences to explain the complexity of her world.
The other day in the car I was juggling several thoughts, trying to multitask my todo list for the evening while Breanna was seemingly yapping like a parrot in the back seat. A few minutes into our drive can seem like a long trip with a squawking toddler so I usually tune her out - until tonight. "Mommy, mommy! I'm talking to you. Mommy!"
Her word associations are something to laugh at too. Yesterday at the mall we were excitedly waiting for the elevator doors to open. Ding. Doors slide. People come out. Breanna pulls me and says "Let's go. Let's go in the elligator."
There are a few new descriptive words I've been trying to teach her - some of them being "beautiful", "wonderful", "delicious", "great". My favorite word always cracks me up and has turned into an argumentative dialogue between Breanna and I.
Mommy: "Breanna, you're amazing."
Breanna: "No mommy, I not mazing. You mazing"
Mommy: "No Breanna, you are amazing."
Breanna: "Top it mommy, you mazing"
Funny Things My Child Says
No comments:
Post a Comment