Too many memories to organize in a married mother's mind. What better way to get it out of my head than to write about my journey as a sister riding the adventure with my mommyhooded kind. I desire no impact onto others but a gratitude for being transparent.
October 11, 2008
Love Language: Physical Affection
Marriage can be extremely hard when there is a lack of communication and sometimes the only constructive communication David and I can have comes in our shouting matches when our blood pressures has reached boiling point and there is no reasonable place to go but to duke it out verbally. I'd take any less stressful route to problem solve issues in our relationship but so far this seems to be the more common method. The topic of our problem tonight was a lack of physical affection. I almost live off of physical affection to feel loved - and hugs or any kind of skin contact are not in his relationship language. So after weeks of not being properly hugged I can get a really cranky and nag. Well after our fight tonight I relearned one thing from child development classes that I should have applied in my marriage. If I want to get some thing I want or need, nagging can only make the situation worse - whereas using humor and positive attention could bring out the better of my other half. So from now on if I need a hug from Mr. Leprosy all I got to do is interupt him with a loud vocal siren: "Beeeeeep. This is the emergency hugcasting system. This is only a hug." Sounds easy and like a little manipulative but hopefully I could get more hugs from Mr. Unhuggable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment