September 13, 2008

Hershey Kisses for the Eyes

November 16, 2008 - The Silver Strand Half Marathon takes running enthusiasts through a flat track from Coronado to Imperial Beach with gorgeous views of both the Pacific Ocean and San Diego Bay. My goal is to run it in less than 3 hours, which is an hour less than my first Half Marathon running time in 2004. So this morning I triumphantly trained 2.5 miles through the neighborhood and continued with strength exercises at the yuppy-filled 4S Ranch gym. I huffed and puffed, rhythmically lifting dumbells and curiously glanced at neighbors at intermissions. My self-consciousness turned into embarrassment when I noticed that the eyes of many young buff cuties blanketed my thorax. Curious to see what entertained them, I followed their eyes and found that they were amused to see a braless exerciser in their midst. It felt like lions were on the prowl. What could I do? It was a little challenging to hide two pointy mounds that stuck out of my shirt like Hershey Kisses in a powerfully air conditioned gymnasium. After a few minutes I got used to the stares just to get my routine done.

Lesson To Learn: always wear a workout bra

No comments: