Here's the update w/ my pregnancy, Wednesday (May 3nd) I have a C-Section scheduled. The docs and med staff highly urge that this C-Section happen this week b/c I'm about 41 weeks pregnant with a LARGE baby at high risk for Shoulder Dystocia (getting stuck at the shoulders), and I'd be risking my baby's health if I let her keep growing past 42 weeks.
When I had my 3rd ultrasound at 39 weeks to measure her body, her abdominal area and shoulders displayed the size of a 41 week old fetus. Now that I'm 41 weeks, she obviously has grown and is probably displaying the body size of a 43 (possibly 44 week old) fetus. To have a vaginal delivery would definitely mean they'd have to (1) break her collarbone, (2) fold her shoulder over, (3) and finally pull her out -- I would truly feel so GUILTY for having to put her through this additional trauma as the delivery process is already a traumatizing event for the baby already. Gosh.
I'm now glad to submit myself to the knife without spontaneous labor b/c I just learned that the C-Section recovery time is better and possibly faster than if I were to go through hours of labor without any progress since my baby is superwoman large =)
So my next assigment: prep for this cesarean delivery
No comments:
Post a Comment