June 13, 2011

New Direction

For a long time I felt a pull to change my career. I've always been a scientific person but loved working with children. Well anyway, I got my bachelor of science in interactive media..a mix between computer graphics and design. Currently I put my learned skills aside and set it as a side business which has no traffic unfortunately. So I fell back working in a field I have some experience on..child care. I like it and have been working in the field for about 4 years now, but it doesn't quite satisfy my scientific needs. For the longest time I put a bookmark in the field of nursing, but was not attracted to the gory blood, bodily fluids and sometimes death of people. Then after years of prayer and research I finally found my answer: I don't have to work in a hospital to be a nurse! There are plenty of non-hospital positions in the field of nursing. So I finally found a satisfying avenue with all the subjects that I already enjoy: fitness, nutrition, science, and education! The specific nursing job is named: community health nurse.

Community Health Nursing-Community health nurses usually work for governments, such as towns, cities, or counties, but sometimes for non-profit agencies. Their job is to educate the public about being aware of and avoiding health risks, how to achieve a healthier lifestyle, including principles of good nutrition and the basics of physical fitness. They often focus on a particular segment of the population, such as children or the elderly, and the job often involves public speaking at schools, churches, community groups, etc.

The really neat thing is that I would be called to educate others in health and wellness and I could use my bachelor of science degree in interactive media to further create paraphernalia that will educate these people! How exciting is this finding!

No comments: