July 1, 2010

Restoration Hard-Wear

After first acknowledging all these years of unresolved hurt from childhood, I've never imagined that I'd be one of those people that needs the benefits of a therapist to set me emotionally free. Fortunately, my therapist does not judge me from asking God to be my safe place when we practice EMDR on past distressing events from my childhood. I'm learning that EVERYONE needs a therapist to help us get closer to God, but only a few seek the help. Only Jesus is the great therapist, but I need little more than knowing that Jesus is my therapist...I need a step by step program executed in my language to guide me back to my hurts and heal them the proper way.

David and I came across a website that shares about anger and sin. I thought I'd share it to whoever reads this blog. http://www.guidetopsychology.com/anger.htm It's not entirely scientific about the anger emotion, so it's a pretty easy read. It's quite intriguing.

A note to all my friends who are reading this, I'm sorry that I haven't been the person God intended me to be in the relationship between you and I. Please give me the chance to learn to change and restore myself...let's heal together.

No comments: