Too many memories to organize in a married mother's mind. What better way to get it out of my head than to write about my journey as a sister riding the adventure with my mommyhooded kind. I desire no impact onto others but a gratitude for being transparent.
May 28, 2010
Mom and Me
It's amazing that having a second child has changed my strained relationship with my mom for something better. I've never needed so much help in my life and for once (per the request of my family practitioner) asking my mom for help has been the greatest experience next to that time my mom attended my award ceremony way back in second grade when I got noticed for Most Improved. That's the latest proud moment I could remember with my mom. I'm pretty sure she's had more recent proud-of-Tracy moments, but they don't stick out as loudly as that elementary school memory. Now that's been a long time for feeling noticed, accepted...and loved. Mom's glow and giddiness shows now that I've been relying on her for help since Chloe's been born, and I like it. This only means that I'm going to continually keep her by my side so that I could watch this new relationship with her unfold. There's a lot of mending to do between she and I. Though it's been over 30 years for positive change to happen between us, at least it's happening ~ and mom is still alive to re-experience what it's like to be a daughter again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment