May 3, 2010

A First Day for Bre and Me

Today was my first day driving with little Chloe and I forgot how much more time I need to give myself to pack up the baby bag AND the baby AND to prepare for little hinderances such as a crying, fussy babe...but I managed.

It is Breanna's 4th birthday today and David and I scheduled to have a small pizza party at her school. David bought room 2 Hawaiian pizza from Rosario's and chocolate chip cookies from Costco. I thought there'd be some cookies left over but I guess it's a good thing there weren't. Breanna had lots of fun with daddy who allowed her to take silly pictures of her friends. I got to see a clearer picture of who my Breanna had become of her circle of friends in school: a great leader. I kinda saw it before but now with new eyes, she really is starting to show signs of growth toward womanhood. My baby girl is growing up so fast!

When it was time for pick up after school, I went through the whole packing up process with little Chloe again, forgetting how many more minutes it would take to get from point A to point B. This time my travels were much harder because Chloe was fussy and crying when I put her into her car seat. Walking into the school to get Breanna, so many parents wanted to see Chloe and chat about their kids...and all I wanted to do was to help my baby stop crying. I really wanted to chat because all these parents have the experience that I so wish to gain at the moment...but I had to move it move it. Finally, after 30 minutes I decided to hang out at mama Rose's house instead of taking the long trek back to Escondido. It think my detour was well worth it because now mama and papa get to spend time with their first granddaughter on her birthday, I get some refresher time, and daddy and I get to eat fish dinner. Yum.

No comments: