April 24, 2006

Labor?

It was 1:00AM on a Monday morning when I woke up for my usual bathroom routine. While on my way back to bed I decided to time the frequency and duration of these contractions I've been getting for the past few hours.

First contraction -- about 60 seconds -- then tick tick tick I hear the clock as my uterus relaxes. Second contraction -- a little over 60 seconds -- then tick tick tick I hear the clock again as my uterus relaxes. I repeated these counts until 2:00AM. I had more than 6 or 7 contractions in a one hour period that lasts about 60 seconds.

According to the books, this is true labor. Plus I've been getting other symptoms in the past few hours. My lower abdominal area seems to be really tightened and heavy as I either walk around or switch sleeping positions from leaning from left side or right side. As I type, I'm still getting contractions. The strange thing is that I'm expecting contractions to hurt like those charlie horses I get while walking. These contractions don't hurt -- and according to the books, some people don't notice these contractions. I think I'm one of them.

Other symptoms I'm feeling are mild diarrhea and mild lower back pain.

If Breanna is going to be born today I'll be happy. Plus, the date is easy to remember. 4/24/06 -- four goes into twenty-four six times -- hehe. If today is the day, she is surprisingly going to arrive very close to her EDD -- 4/25/06! Breanna, you seem to be very punctual =)

Breanna has her usual non-stress test today (as she has been having them every Monday and Thursday) and I wonder how she'll be behaving w/ all these contractions -- my body doesn't have contractions usually when we go through these tests together. Hopefully the technicians will tell me that I have to head over to the labor & delivery room to have Breanna at that hour -- at least I'll be in the hospital than 45 mins up in Escondido. I'll just have to call a few people to hang out w/ me as I go through these labor pains.

It won't be long Breanna -- you're going to meet your parents and the rest of the family who've been eagerly waiting for you. I'm praying that God and his angels intervene as I attempt to have a vaginal delivery after all this scare about you being so large and possibly incapable of safely making it through my pelvis. Right now I have confidence -- I hope it remains throughout.

No comments: