April 25, 2006

The Annoying Wait

Allright. So Breanna didn't arrive yesterday nor last night. Argh!!

Anyways I went to my weekly prenatal visit (and hopefully the last one) and got an internal exam. My cervix has come forward more (which is a good change from last week). However, it still is 2cm dilated and needs to be effaced more. But the exciting news is that this time, my midwife was able to insert her finger through the cervix and feel the bag of waters and my baby girl's head -- WOW! This means that I'm ultra close to delivery and it may possibly be tonight -- I hope. Come on Breanna!!

I allowed her to strip my membranes for longer than 30 seconds -- last time I didn't allow it to last more than 5 seconds. Gosh this procedure is so annoying! Basically, stripping the membranes means to separate the bag of waters from the cervix. It is not intended to break the water bag, however, it may. It's a way to sort of "get things going" in regards to labor and is supposed to stimulate production of prostiglandins in the cervix and bring on contractions.

We're guessing that she'll be born on or before Thursday 4/27/06, especially after all these labor inducing mechanisms happening.

No comments: