December 22, 2005

Family Affair

I know I'm supposed to take it easy today as my second day of resting after the amniocentesis, but I wanted to go up to LA w/ the rest of my family to attend my grand-uncle's funeral. Almost everyone would be there that I'm close to. It was a long day sort of. I didn't do anything risky except for carrying a 20 pound baby. But I think it's okay. I held her for about 10 minutes until someone snatched her away and played.

I found out that my cousin-in-law is pregnant too -- SARA, Congratulations! She's 3 months pregnant, just 2 months before me. It was so funny when we said goodbye to each other -- we did the Carebear share belly kiss. =)

My belly is feeling much better than yesterday. I don't feel that pinching and cramping sensation at the pierced area. I did however wonder if I startled the baby when I had to jump down from my dad's tall/elevated van to get to the church this morning. I changed quickly from a sitting to standing position. I think she's fine. I just have to continually make sure that she's happily kicking and that I'm not leaking any amniotic fluids nor getting a fever. So far things are progressively getting better. I still wished that I didn't go through that test, but it's over with now.

Some moms at the funeral were saying that I look too big to be 5 months. Gosh! Even when I'm pregnant these people bother me about my weight. I guess they're more concerned about how big the baby will be when she gets out -- the bigger she gets the more complicated the birthing will be. I don't think the baby is big but that my belly had excess fat to begin w/ making the pregnancy look advanced.

I want to thank all you women who prayed for my baby and I during this upsetting time. I wish I could do the same for you all. =) Happy Holidays!

No comments: