I feel a bit better than I had yesterday, and of course I feel much better the day before that when the scary ultrasound actually took place. Talking to my many coworkers who've either had kids or are having kids or knew someone who had a child w/ Choroid Plexy Cyst in the brain comforted me -- they especially comforted me w/ the scary decision I will make in taking this annoying amniocentesis test. Many are praying for the baby and Dave and I for the worst possibility to not take place. I feel blessed for working in a company where everyone is not ashamed to share their faith.
I wish I didn't have to hear that my baby has a Choroid Plexy Cyst in her brain or that my baby has that slight chance of having Trisomy 18. It's so scary. However, I think our baby will be normal and that this is just a big scare that doctors do just so they could cover their butts in the long run -- doctors have to tell their patients the worst possible outcome before focusing on the positive so that the patients wouldn't file lawsuit agaisnt these docs just in case something wrong actually does happen.
But I'm going to take the amniocentesis anyway and I'm not going to like it -- not because there'll be a long thin needle piercing through my belly (I hate needles) but that my child has that 1/200 chance of dying due to this test. I could opt out of it, but I'm pretty upset about finding out this possible problem especially w/ this scare at the very first ultrasound. Amniocentesis is a very invasive test. I hate it that doctors know too much and that they want to test for everything that could possibly go wrong. What happened to the days when women just had their babies and lived w/ the consequences then and there at the birth?
But anyways, in the end, there should be much rejoicing. (David told me to add that last line for all the Monty Python fans reading -- sheesh.)
No comments:
Post a Comment