Finally, the date has come! My first prenatal check up was pretty cool. The nurse-practitioner answered a whole lot of questions that I've been wondering -- especially questoins about our baby. It turns out that all the worries I had about the development of my baby have been myths. She told me to stop readin g this book and will suggest that I read another list of materials that she will list.
So I got a papsmear, urine-analysis, blood tests, breast exam and all the volatiles. The most exciting part of the exam was listening for the baby's heart beat -- but unfortunately it was too early to detect the heart beat especially that I have a tilted uterus. So in two weeks, I'll be back w/ for another check up! Yay!
Last night was so scary! I thought that something went wrong with the pregnancy. I was urinating blood -- like the color of any dark-red Kool-Aid! It actually started on Saturday midnight. I peed almost every 30 minutes w/ little traces of blood and tissue and this continued on to Sunday -- so my weekend rest was very short. Since I had a prenatal appointment Tuesday, I tried to wait it off. However, by Monday I had the urge to pee every 15 minutes and sometimes I'd hold it in for an hour to get some work done. Then by Monday evening, things got worse. I started to pee every 1-3 minutes and the quantity of blood was increasing. It seemed the ratio was 1/3 blood w/pea-size tissue and 2/3 pee. So I rushed myself to the emergency room. By the time I was checked in, I was peeing 1/2 blood w/baby carrot-sized tissue and 1/2 pee. It was almost as dark as the blood getting drawn into test tubes. I was so scared -- but felt comforted that I was at least in the care of ER physicians and my husband.
It turned out to be a urinary tract infection gone volatile. They prescribed me an antibiotic Keflex and a pill to ease the burning Pyridium. I also was told I had a hint of a yeast infection. Sheesh! All these things happening at once -- how cr8zy!!
WEIGHT: 153 LBS
BELLY: 36-3/4"
WAIST: 32-1/2"
BOOBS-H: 37"
BOOBS-V: 14-1/2"
No comments:
Post a Comment